Caring For Your New Home
Taking proper care of a home can be challenging, but we’ll be right here to provide you with guidance and information. We have multiple resources available to help you maintain your new Boulder Creek home.
- Common areas: for vegetation and irrigation in common areas (mulch beds, green belts etc.) please contact your HOA (management company.)
- Private property: for vegetation and irrigation on your private property, please use the form below to request warranty service through Boulder Creek.
- Clean all flooring materials regularly.
- Clean countertops regularly.
- Clean kitchen appliances regularly.
- Gently scour tubs and shower enclosures, kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks weekly.
- Replace batteries in smoke/carbon monoxide detectors and test their function regularly.
- Replace light bulbs as needed.
- Replace fresh air filters regularly.
- Maintain a normal indoor relative humidity for your hardwood floors (as applicable).
- Check your dryer vent for lint build-up.
- Inspect clothes washer and dryer hose connections.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to clockwise in order to create a downward draft that pushes cool air down to the floor (if applicable).
- Clean cabinets and adjust hardware as needed.
- Inspect plumbing lines and all sinks for potential leaks, and clean aerators on faucets.
- Perform a visual inspection of your attic space.
- Inspect and clean the tracks and weep holes on your windows.
- Clean and lubricate your sliding glass patio door track(s) and screen door (if applicable).
- Perform a visual inspection of the exterior of your home.
- Ensure that water is turned on to exterior sprinkler system (if applicable).
- Inspect air conditioner(s).
- Clean and inspect gutters and down-spouts for blockages.
- Inspect your deck/patio for loose boards, splinters, or deterioration (if applicable).
- Inspect your overhead garage door and lubricate hinges, springs, rollers, and tracks.
- Clean your whole-house humidifier (if applicable).
- Clean your bath fan vents and grilles.
- Check GFCI (circuit breakers) and outlets for operation.
- Inspect your door thresholds and adjust as needed.
- Clean the exterior of your windows.
- Inspect for settling around your home. Settling of the grade around your home could have dire consequences for your home’s foundation.
- Replace furnace filter(s) (refer to manufacturer service recommendations) and test furnace operation.
- Check for any leaks in windows or doors.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to counterclockwise in order to create an upward draft that redistributes warm air from the ceiling (if applicable).
- Clean fireplace surround, glass, and check operation (if applicable).
- Hot Water Tanks (if applicable): Inspect your water heater and test its pressure relief valve (PRV).
- Hot Water Tanks (if applicable): Prevent mineral buildup in your water heater.
- Tankless Water Heaters (if applicable): Have a certified Rinnai® technician service your tankless water heater annually.
- Avoid unwanted sewer smells by refilling dry plumbing traps (“P-traps”).
- Inspect your door thresholds and weather stripping and adjust or repair as needed.
- Inspect grout/caulking/paint.
- Test your sump pump operation.
- Have your fire suppression system inspected
- Winterize the Homeowner-Controlled Sprinkler System and backflow preventer (if applicable).
- Winterize hose bibs.
- Do not turn off your thermostat when you leave for an extended vacation.
- If you suspect a frozen pipe, shut off the water main source and call a plumber.
- Maintain a normal indoor relative humidity for your hardwood floors (as applicable).
- Keep heavy snow/ice build-up from your furnace and water heater exhaust.
- Do not use salt or ice melt products on driveways and/or walkways. These applications will cause spalling concrete.
Welcome to the Boulder Creek Warranty Services portal.
It is our pleasure to offer homeowners a One-Year Limited Warranty on their new Boulder Creek home.
Please review the information below so that our team is able to properly address your request.
To submit a warranty request, please complete the warranty request form below and a Boulder Creek representative will be in contact with you.
IMPORTANT: If you need emergency warranty service DO NOT use the online request form. See below for instructions regarding emergency warranty service.
The Boulder Creek warranty department operates Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. For general inquiries, please call 303-309-0362.
COVID-19 Warranty FAQs:
We are working hard and safely for you, and we appreciate your patience as we navigate warranty service during the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to monitor COVID-19 details as new information becomes available, updating our practices accordingly. We are currently offering routine warranty activities under specific conditions. Click to download Warranty Service – Resuming with Caution for updates to our routine warranty service appointments as we move forward.
Below you will find the answers to frequently asked questions about your home warranty in the time of COVID-19.
When should I expect to hear from someone regarding my submitted warranty items?
NON-EMERGENCY WARRANTY ITEMS
Please expect a response from a representative within 3-5 business days (you will receive an immediate automated response upon submission of your request). We are currently scheduling routine warranty work in the order it was received. We appreciate your patience as we carefully navigate warranty service through this pandemic.
EMERGENCY WARRANTY ITEMS
Emergency requests will still be managed through our standard warranty processes and will be addressed as quickly as possible.
If you are currently addressing routine warranty work, why isn’t my list getting addressed immediately?
Homebuilders across the country are currently experiencing various delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic. At Boulder Creek, we have been experiencing supply chain delays and material shortages as a result of governmental safety restrictions in factories. As a result, some materials necessary for warranty repairs may take longer to order. As we’re working to minimize entry into your home, we may wait until all materials necessary for your repairs have arrived before we schedule a work day.
Will you be extending my warranty period due to COVID-19?
We will not be extending warranty timeframes due to COVID-19, however we will be honoring all eligible warranty requests submitted within the warranty period – even if the repair work is scheduled past that.
I am unsure about having workers in my home during the COVID-19 pandemic. How will workers and Boulder Creek employees work safely while completing my warranty work?
Our intention is to err on the side of safety for everyone. We have resumed routine warranty activities under specific safety conditions. Click to download Warranty Service – Resuming with Caution for updates to our routine warranty service appointments as we move forward.
What if I have a warranty emergency? Will that be affected by COVID-19 delays?
Emergency requests are still being managed through our standard warranty processes and will be addressed as quickly as possible. If you are experiencing a warranty emergency, please do not complete the form below, and instead call our 24-hour emergency number: 720-863-6852. Always take steps to minimize water damage in the event of a leak, including total shut-off of water if necessary.
Warranty Services provided by Boulder Creek Builders, LLC.
Suggested Home Upkeep
Boulder Creek Neighborhoods ® is proud of the homes we build, and we strive to create long-lasting durability and efficiency through construction techniques that meet or exceed industry standards. Our HOA communities promote a lower-maintenance lifestyle, however, proper upkeep of your home and all of its components is necessary to minimize the potential for major home repairs.
Many times, a repair handled promptly, or a minor adjustment prevents a more serious, time-consuming, and often costly repair later. Additionally, neglect of routine maintenance can void the applicable limited warranty on all or part of your home. By caring for your new home attentively, you ensure your enjoyment of it for years to come. A home that functions well, lives well.
Boulder Creek recognizes that it is impossible to anticipate and describe every attention needed for good home care, but we will cover many important details. These lists may discuss some components that are not present in your particular home.
Learn more about our recommended homeowner maintenance below, or download the complete PDF.
Boulder Creek strives to deliver top-notch customer service while doing our best to preserve your lifestyle. We have put together some practical maintenance recommendations so you can keep your home running like a well-oiled machine… because a home that functions well, lives well.
In Colorado, spring can bring all kinds of surprises. Whether it’s a foot of snow in the middle of May, or an 80-degree day at the beginning of March, Boulder Creek encourages each homeowner to be ready for anything by following our spring maintenance recommendations… because a home that functions well, lives well.
Summer in Colorado means camping trips to the mountains, hiking in the foothills, and soaking up the mountain sun. Before you head out, be sure to follow our recommendations for summer home maintenance and ensure peace of mind while you’re out hiking that fourteener… because a home that functions well, lives well.
In Colorado, fall is a time to take advantage of a perfect window of change. After visiting the mountains to see the aspen trees change colors, your next priority is making sure your home is prepared for the approaching winter. As the leaves begin to turn and the days cool, please follow our recommendations for home maintenance during the fall season… because a home that functions well, lives well.
Winter in Colorado can be unpredictable. Boulder Creek strives to help each homeowner get ahead of winter maintenance so you can enjoy your spontaneous ski trip to the mountains instead of spending a weekend repairing a frozen pipe. Follow our winter home maintenance recommendations to make sure that your home is prepared for the harsh winter weather… because a home that functions well, lives well.
*Boulder Creek does not advertise or sell homes that are apartment-style “No-Maintenance” or “Maintenance-Free”.
All Boulder Creek homes require that homeowners actively monitor and provide periodic maintenance of their homes. Maintenance videos provided here are suggested best-practices. Homeowners should always check the manufacturer’s most up-to-date maintenance suggestions before performing repairs or servicing products.