Energy Efficiency & Green Building Practices
At Boulder Creek Neighborhoods, we value efficient homes that protect the environment and save you money. Each of our low-maintenance homes are built with both in mind.
Boulder Creek Neighborhoods is proud to offer new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR label. Why?
Because it means your new home has been designed and built to standards well above most other homes on the market today.
Our patio homes, townhomes, single family homes, condos, and cottages perform to make your Wallet, Mind, and Life more comfortable.
With the ENERGY STAR label on your new home, you can be confident that it will deliver and has been built better from the ground up.
A new home is a big investment, so it’s important that it be designed with features built to last.
From the moment you walk in the door of your ENERGY STAR certified home, you’ll see, feel, and hear the difference.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes offer better energy efficiency and performance compared to other homes.
• Energy-Star Rating
• Energy-Star Appliances; Furnace, Programmable Thermostat, Dishwasher, Range Hood and optional Air Conditioning, Refrigerators, and Appliances.
• Insulation Inspections
• Blown Fiberglass Insulation
• Advanced Insulation Packages Beyond Code
• Insulated Wall Cavities, Ceilings, Garage Wall Cavities, and Basements and/or Crawlspace Walls
• Insulated Headers Above Window & Doors
• Insulated Exterior Doors & Garage Doors
• Low-E Windows with Argon Gas
• Windows Installed with Foam Seal
• LED Light Bulbs • Transfer Grills in All Bedrooms
• Indoor Air Quality – ASHRAE 62.2
• “Sill Seal” Advanced Sealing Package
• Inspections through 3rd party review
• Blower Door Test to insure the proper air sealing measures were taken to prevent air leakage
• Formaldehyde free fiberglass insulation fits each cavity perfectly minimizing insulation air gaps thus substantially reducing heat loss/gain
• Increased level of insulation to provide a more comfortable home resulting in lower energy costs
• Low-E Argon gas filled windows also provide higher insulation values than traditional double pane window resulting in significant savings on energy costs
• LEDs light bulbs provide more than twice the lifespan and 10% more efficient than traditional CFLs without waiting for bulb warm up and are mercury free
• Engineered Lumber
• Ceramic Tile Installed with Low-Toxic Adhesives
• Advanced Roof Flashing Techniques
• Proper Flashing and Water Management
• Down-Spout with Splash Block
• Low-Toxic Mastic Sealed Duct Joints
• Low VOC Ceiling & Wall Paint
• Carpet – CRI Green Label Plus
• Carpet Pad Made of 100% Recycled Materials
• Certified Composite Wood Trim Materials
• Tankless Water Heater
• EPA Water Sense H.E.T. (High Efficiency Toilets)
• Advanced Landscaping Techniques
• Advanced Drip Irrigation System
• Certification ensures superior performance
• Reduced exposure to toxins
• Rigorous testing to insure low-VOC-emitting carpet & adhesives
• More efficient use of lumber with less waste
• Creates more livable spaces
• Less maintenance and a longer life of your home
• Improve air quality & efficiency
• Minimize noise
• Reduce use of natural resources
• Reduce material going to our landfills
• Xeric landscaping with low water use ground cover and plants
• Use less water and save money
*HERS rating differ depending on home type, included feature set, and selected options. Changes may be made without notice. The above information does not constitute a legal contract and is a general representation of Boulder Creek’s features. Energy and green building features may vary from community to community. Please contact Boulder Creek Neighborhoods LLC for community specific inclusions and details for Boulder Creek Neighborhoods energy efficiency and green building practices program. ©2019, Boulder Creek Brands LLC. **ENERGY STAR Sources Data: EPA – www.EnergyStar.Gov